Saturday, February 10, 2018

A JUnk Journal using Graphic 45 "Fairy Dust" paper

It is February and such a perfect time to share Graphic 45 "Fairy Dust" paper.
I did not use all of the beautiful papers and stickers but I wanted to share with you this Junk Journal.
I also added some colored images  from Sweet Pea Stamps I colored with Prisma pencils. The magazine I added in is "Victoria"
From Beginning to end .



This is the opening of the journal with a tag compartment behind the beautiful fairy.
The page after the opening. On the left this beautiful designed paper was lifted with sticky tape,on the right several pieces of coffee stained paper held in using scraps from the cover and first pages. The little stamp piece is part of the paper I cut out to be a solo..
I am sure by now you have noticed most all the papers even extras have been distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage photo. The amazing deep purple drip on the edges is a beautiful product from Canvas Corp Brands. It is Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam. The color I am using is tanzinite...which I just love love love.
On the edge of the page I glued on some lace from my friend Scrappin' Lizzy..Elizabeth Brewer, as well as I hand sewed some BoHo frabic to the edge which I folded over to the next page.
On this page I stamped a little Fairy from Ching Chow Kuik and colored her with Prisma pencils.I love the personal feeling something colored can add to a junk journal.
Then I added the blank coffee stained pages for writing.
Of course I love to add the beautiful pages from magazines that bring in color.
The page on the right I added more of the "Fairy Dust" papers and some stamping on the back ground.
This beautiful moon and stars is from Fairie Song Stamps.
More magazine prettiness and on the right on the edge more beautiful Graphic 45 scraps of "Fairy Dust".
This adorable little image was stamped onto a coffee stained extra page. I colored her with Prisma pencils and used stickles.
The image is from artisan Connie Fong she is called "Buttercup".
This is the right side of the Connie Fong image which is a pocket I made using the beautiful Graphic 45 paper "Fairy Dust". you can see the coffee staining and vintage photo inked borders with the smudged effect from Tattered Angels Tanzinite.


The next page is coffee stained paper and the attached paper clip decorated with vintage yarn holds a adorable little clip form the Graphic 45 paper "Fairy Dust" also coffee stained Distressed with Vintage photo and on its borders I have painted on some Tattered Angels Tanzinite.
Turned the page to more beautiful coffee stained paper and lovely magazine slipped page.
Turning the magazine page to the other side this is a extra notebook paper coffee stained and distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage photo..and of course I added the Tattered Angels Tanzinite. I used the G45 clip and stuck a small coffee stained paper behind it.
My friend Carolyn everyone here's me speak of from time to time I call her my Muse gave me a package of beautiful paper napkins. I think she said she found them at Tuesday Morning.
So...I took a coffee stained notebook paper and again dressed upthe edges and then I used a gel medium to attach the napkin I had pre cut to fit the page..and then I put one layer of the gel medium on top and let it dry and then added a layer of mod Podge.
This is the back of the napkin.
The middle of the napkin is the middle of the first secretary and it is obvious I sewed each page in one by one.
Moving on...the back of the extra note book paper you can see I used the G45 paper for a border and then you are looking at the other side of the magazine page.
more beautiful magazine and extra writing space.
on the left a blank page for writing and attached with a paper clip and again the yarn to decorate it..a Aurora Wings Pixie on a tag. Standard size tag.  on the right more G45 "Fairy Dust " paper made to a pocket to hold extra coffee stained blank papers for journaling.


This little Fae tag has been in my stash for quite some time. I am not sure where she is from but she now has a home.

This little tag is "Fairy whisper -ephemera" I do not know who made this if any one does please leave me a comment.


This paper came with the flowers on it It was in my stash. The envelope is from a card. I added lace on the borders . The lace came from Elizabeth Brewer. The group Junk Journal Junkies on Face Book is well worth your time if you would like to learn like I am fabulous artisans.
The nest page
on the left more G45 "Fairy Dust " paper as a pocket and some more lace. On the right again I sewed on some BOHO fabric.

I used stencil and spray mist by Tim Holtz on the few pages here
This is another colored image I added to this journal. I have turned the page so you can see her. She is another fairy from Sweet Pea Stamps by Leslie Anderson called "Sunset"

This is a wallie from Hobby lobby I glued onto this page





The Journal is 10x8 inches and will be in my Etsy store.
Thank you so much for stopping in. Have a beautiful Saturday!
Susan S.
aka
Allywhitecat









2 comments:

  1. WOW Susan...how fun and gorgeous and a labor of love! Gorgeous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner Susan! This is gorgeous and the layout on each page is perfect!

    ReplyDelete