Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wendy Vecchi February Challenge

Hi there. It has been a while since I have had time to play. I am still busy since Mother passed away going through her things and my Grandmothers things she did not have the health to deal with.
I found some old patterns of my Grandmothers and decided to put them to use. I do not sew. I never had the time to learn being a single mom..and the crafts I did was clay.so...I decided now that I love to make journals they would be fun to use for textures and images.
The theme is hearts and sadly I am out of paste..this would have looked so much better.
The stamps are from Wendy Vecchi and you can find them at http://stampersanonymous.com/
The hearts from Wendy Vecchi stencils...again you can find them at http://stampersanonymous.com/

Here is a short of how I made this.
This is the pattern I picked from her many many patterns. I scanned it and sized it smaller, printed and cut the images.

I am using the smaller Dylusion Journal. This took four pages.
The middle two I cut 1 inch off the edges.
The back pages I painted with Black acrylic paint. When it was dry I used the background stamp with the flowers and some new paint I just purchased from a friend. It is heavy body acrylic paint by Dina Wakley, Magenta.Marilyn Hughes, who also runs Art Anthology...which is new to me..but I had popped in a few times before meeting Marilyn on Face Book and I totally impressed.Thank you Marilyn!!!!
The stamp set is one of my favorites Art colors Life, designed by Wendy Vecchi and you can find at the link above.
I used adhesive tape to form pockets. The tape is from Fun Stampers Journey.
I fussy cut the little lady in pink placing her on the right side and used parts of the pattern to hide the dismemberment lol on the left.
I used Dina Wakleys gel medium and gesso and mod podge.
Hope you like the finished project.
Must get back to working on the estate sell now.
hugs
susan s




No comments:

Post a Comment