Friday, July 31, 2015

Lily and the Lotus and Delicious Doodles "White" Challenge

"White" is the theme at this new challenge.
This bottle is special to me. I have seen it most of my life. My Grandmother 's Old Listerine bottle.
I can remember taking many trips with her and she always had her Listerine bottle After my Mother passed in January, it seems my Dad slowly goes through things daily almost daily and many strange items end up with me. Like this 1950 something Listerine bottle. Thick lead glass.Measurments on the side.
I wanted to thank my friends who came to my rescue because I have not worked with the mediums before.
I gesso(ed) the bottle and than used white acrylic.
Let it air dry and then added my image.
I then used the Deco Art Media Crackle paste
and then the varnish.
I let them dry over night each step. ..and last I added Delta Cream coat Sparkle Glaze.
I make mermaids for my future home my own personal bathroom  will be ocean nautical :) so she has a place in the future.
The beautiful image is from the Delicious Doodles store at Etsy.https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ArtiDoodles
Astrology/Zodiac sign of Cancer



Looking forward to you creations on this challenge.http://deliciousdoodleschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/

Susan S


2 comments:

  1. HOW cool! This will be fab in your new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot. Comment didn't post. I said:how COOL! Will look awesome in your new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete