Saturday, February 6, 2016

February is in the air Lily and the Lotus and Canvas Corp Brands "Beauty"

Hi and welcome to Lily and the Lotus.
I love February.
 The month of purple and aqua and love.
I was delighted with my new project "Beauty".
 I love journals of any and all kinds. I especially loved this beautiful journal from Canvas Corp Brands. It was different than any I have worked on before. It was thick brown paper like a grocery store bag and heavy and durable. That is a invitation to create for me.
http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/collections/wanderlust/products/8-5x11-naked-starter-journal-kraft-1 

I put on one of my favorite you tube songs and got started 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J92ryjj42M0 

I began with the wonderful Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 


 I sprayed and let dry and sprayed and let dry rotating the colors.
After the spray mist dried I layered with these cute little chip board musical notes. I cannot tell you where I found them.I sprayed them with the black Tattered Angels Glimmer mist..let them dry and I used tacky glue to hold them in place.. I cut four strips of paper and placed them on top of the musical notes...along with lace I cut into small pieces and sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

The photo is from Somerset studio.
 They have wonderful papers in their shop and in their magazines. This clip was in their magazine...https://stampington.com/blog/2016/01/19/free-article-download-my-personal-journaling-evolution/?utm_source=Somerset+Place&utm_campaign=4fc978572a-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9f5ba301d0-4fc978572a-7727701
I used tacky glue and placed the photo paper on top of the different sized squares.
I had the roses from quite some time ago they were as pink as you could get until....



 I began gluing with my tacky glue. I found beads I had saved back and metal findings and two mirrors to keep in the theme of "Beauty"
I used the black Tattered Angels spray Glimmer Mist on a small bit of paste (I use Wendy Vecchi's paste from Ranger Ink)
The sweet purple and white butterfly is a dye cut given to me from a sweet dear friend.
I used embroidery thread  on the boarders of the journal in purple of course.
I want to add at this time I glued two pages together. The cover and the first page to add strength. 
I tattered the edges of the journal after sewing the stitch.
The top right hand corner of the photo I used a brad to connect several metal embellies to the piece. One is the Heart from Canvas Corp Brands..7Gypsies.

I kept gluing and adding mica and mirrors and embellies
let it dry and added my "Paris" clothes pin another gift from a friend....
and
 

           February Treasures "Beauty"
 This is the first piece I made in the series "Beauty" the second was posted first oddly enough.http://lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com/2016/02/february-treasures-from-lilyandthelotus.html
    

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing colours! Flowers are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness... these are just divine !!! I love the colours and all the pretty things on there. How clever of you. I always seem to struggle with trying to make something like this but you are certainly a master at it :-D
    FANTASTIC :-)

    Hugz

    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete